This article explains a user's site permissions.
A user can have two types of permissions.
- The access type that defines what the user is able to do, e.g. see billing info or add vehicles, etc.
- The site permissions, which allows a user to view, create, update or remove information from within specific sites.
Set a user's site permissions as follows:
- Open the menu on the left.
- Click Manage fleet.
- Click Users.
- Open the specific user by clicking on the name or click the icon in the Site permissions column.
- If you are editing a user, make sure to click on the Site permissions tab at the top.
- Now select the sites you would like to give the user permissions to. Check the box next to the site.
- Click Save.
What is the difference between site permissions and access type permissions
The access type defines what a user can do (e.g. add a new vehicle) and the site permissions define where (in which site) as user can do it, e.g. add a new vehicle in the Florida-Customers site.
If you are an admin user, you will be able to add a vehicle, but the list of sites that you can assign that vehicle to, will be limited based on your site permissions.