You can set up reminders in MiX Now to send you an email or in-app notification. This could be to remind you to renew a vehicle's license, take a vehicle for a service or renew a user's driver's license, etc.
Scroll to the end of the article for an illustration.
Set up new reminders by following these steps:
- Open the menu on the left.
- Click Manage fleet.
- Click Reminders.
- Click the Add reminder button.
- Choose whether you would like to setup a reminder for a specific vehicle or a user.
- Select the relevant vehicle or user from the drop-down list.
- Choose the reminder type. You can edit reminder types that have been created or create new custom types, by choosing the "Other" option and then specifying your new reminder type. This will automatically save the new reminder in the list for future use.
- For vehicles: you can choose for the reminder to be sent at a certain duration or when the vehicle reaches a certain distance. You can also select both.
- For duration you need to select an occurrence interval, e.g. service every 12 months; select a next due date (which is the first time the action should be performed, say the next date that the service is due). The interval alert is the reminder period where you can specify the amount of weeks you would like to receive the alert in advance.
- For distance you can also select an occurrence interval, e.g every 60 000 miles for a reminder to replace the tires. Enter a next due distance, e.g. replace my tires when my vehicle reaches 60 000 miles and set an interval alert to specify the amount of weeks before your vehicle reaches the mileage that you would like to receive the alert.
- For users: you can choose the interval occurrence at which the reminder should be triggered, e.g. renew driver's license every 12 months. Select a next due date and choose an alert interval, which is the reminder period where you can specify the amount of weeks you would like to receive the alert in advance.
- Select the recipients from the list, you can select multiple recipients. If you want to select all the recipients, check the box in the header row (next to First name).
- You can search for recipients by typing in the Filter field right at the top.
- Select whether you want the recipient to receive an email or in-app notification. The email checkbox will only be available if the recipient has access to the web application. The in-app notification will send the recipient a reminder on the mobile app.
- Click Save.