What is an event?
Events define what is to be monitored by the device in your vehicle. Events can be standard driving violations (e.g. speeding) or standard events (e.g. battery disconnection).
What is an event notification?
MiX Now is capable of sending in app notification messages and/or e-mail messages to e-mail addresses when active event alerts are received from vehicles. Once a notification has been created and saved it is immediately live.
How do I add event notifications?
Scroll to the end of the article for an illustration.
- Open the menu on the left.
- Click Manage fleet.
- Click Event notifications.
- Click Add event notification -
- Select whether you want to receive an event notification via email or if you prefer in app notifications. You can select both.
- Choose a unique and mandatory notification name that describes the notification and makes it easy for you to identify in a list of notifications.
- Select the vehicles by clicking in the box to type and search for specific vehicles. Click on each vehicle you would like to include or click on Select vehicles, to view more details of the specific vehicle. Check the box next to each vehicle and click save when you are done. You can remove the selected vehicle by clicking on the X next to the vehicle name.
- Now select the events* that you want to receive notifications for, e.g. speeding, harsh braking, etc. See below for a description of some of the events.
*The events available depend on the device that you have installed in your vehicle.
Speeding (fixed speed) - This is the fixed speed as configured below Event thresholds on the device registration page.
Speeding (road speed) - The legal road speed limit.
Over revving - Only available on self-installation devices.
Excessive idling - Only available on self-installation devices.
Location entry and exit - Select a location. Click here if you need learn more about creating a location. Search for locations by typing in the box or select them by clicking the button on the right - and choose your locations by checking the box next to the relevant name. Remember to save your selection.
Started and Stopped in location - Select a location. Click here if you need learn more about creating a location. Search for locations by typing in the box or select them by clicking the button on the right - and choose your locations by checking the box next to the relevant name. Remember to save your selection.
Movement between - You can select a start and end time and click on the text box next to this to specify the days of the week that the event notification is relevant for, e.g. let me know when there is movement on a Sunday between 8:00 am and 10:00 am. You can select multiple days by typing next to your current entry. Remove any of the days of the week by clicking on the X.
A user with basic access can create event notifications for themselves. To create event notifications across the company or delete event notifications, you need to be an admin user or an admin user with billing rights.