Create locations specific to your business and the movement of your vehicles. Locations simplify the task of knowing when your vehicle arrived and left a site, customer location, fuel stop, etc. You can also create locations for no-go zones, speed zones and high accident zones for example.
You can create a new location from two places in the application. Open the menu on the left and click on of these two menu items:
- Manage Fleet > Locations
- Tracking > from the map tools.
Scroll to the end of the article for an illustration.
- Click the Add location button at the top:
- Specify the location address to automatically zoom to the relevant area on the map.
- Give the location a descriptive name that will make it easy for you to identify.
- Choose a location type, e.g. customer location, no-go zone, rest stop, etc.
- Pick a shape to draw, use a custom shape whenever the area is an irregular shape.
- Choose a color to distinguish between different locations.
- Drag the opacity slider to make it more transparent or darker.
Permissions: You need to be an admin user or a user with billing rights to add or edit information on this page.
See the illustration below: