You can add a new user from two places in the application. Open the menu on the left and click either:
- Manage fleet > Users
- Tracking > Click on the Users tab.
Scroll to the end of the article for an illustration.
- Click the add user icon:
- The first name, last name, email address, user's preferred language and the site name are compulsory fields (indicated by the red asterisk *) and you cannot save if these have not been entered.
- Click Save
More information about the fields on this page:
Language: The current available languages are English (US), English (UK), and Brazilian Portuguese and will determine the language of communication to the user, like the verification email that will be sent for the user to activate their account.
The site: is a physical location or grouping at which drivers are based and/or from which vehicles are operated. This grouping can be per region, state, department or any other grouping that makes sense in your business. Read this if you need to know more on creating new sites.
What access should I give to my users?
- Admin access - Full access to all features on both mobile and web, but does not have access to billing information, statements or to create subscriptions.
- Admin billing access - Full access to all features on both mobile and web, including access to billing information, invoices and subscriptions.
- Basic access - Users have read only access, in both web and mobile, but have the ability to capture fuel and cost entries and classify trips.
- Mobile access - Users will only have access to the mobile application. Users will only be able to view their own trips, classify trips and add cost and fuel entries on the mobile app.
- Contact access - No access to the web or mobile applications. The user will get a notification that they have been added to a company and that they will be a contact in the system. This will enable users with admin access to assign vehicles to them but they will not be able to make use of the MiX Now application at all.
View this page for a full list of features available for each access type.
If you type in an email address or mobile number that already exists in our records (if a user already registered as a MiX Now user in another company), you will have the opportunity to import the user's details into the application.
If you type in an email address that already exists in your current company, the system will notify you that the email address is already in use and that an account has already been registered for this user. You cannot register the same email address again. Ask the user to login using their current login credentials or reset a password by clicking the "forgot password" link on the login page.
You need to be an admin user or a user with admin billing rights to view, create or edit information on this page.