You can edit a vehicle from two places in the application. Open the menu on the left and click on one of these two menu item options:
- Manage fleet > Vehicles
- Tracking (the quick edit option, containing less information.)
- Click the edit icon:
- You can upload a photo of your vehicle.
- You can also choose how you would like the tracking icon to be displayed on the map when tracking your asset. The photo of your vehicle is an actual photo that is displayed everywhere in the application and the tracking icon is a small icon that will represent your vehicle on the map.
- Select an icon from the drop-down list by clicking the icon button.
- Select a new color by clicking the color button.
- The vehicle description, vehicle type, license plate and the site name are compulsory fields (indicated by the red asterisk *) and you cannot save if these have not been entered.
- Click Save
More information about the fields on this page:
The site: is a physical location or grouping at which drivers are based and/or from which vehicles are operated. This grouping can be per region, state, department or any other grouping that makes sense in your business. Read this if you need to know more on creating new sites.
Default user: will be the default driver of the vehicle.
Vehicle identification number (VIN): is your vehicle's unique code that can be found on the driver's side interior dash and/or your vehicle's records.
When you click the Decode VIN button after having entered this number, the rest of the vehicle fields will all be automatically populated for you.
- Click the Manually enter vehicle details checkbox if you want to enter/change any of the populated vehicle information.
You need to be an admin user or a user with billing rights to view or edit information on this page.